Ice Cream Trucks for Parties – the complete guide to picking, booking, and organizing
Everybody loves a good party, but there’s a secret to doing it right. The best way to throw a party you know people will be talking about for ages after is to book an ice cream truck to cater the event. On a hot summer day in New York City, the pavement boiling under your feet and sweat soaking your clothes, all you want to do are two things: immediately jump into the nearest pool and indulge in a big bowl of delicious, frozen ice cream. Give your guests that same feeling of satisfaction when you book an ice cream truck for parties.
Why should I choose an ice cream truck for my party?
While ice cream is obviously the featured item on all ice cream truck menus, there are usually plenty of other desserts available that can satisfy your party guests if they’re not into the frozen goodness of soft-serve:
- Italian ice
- Waffle cones
- Banana Splits
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
For a more upscale party you are throwing for coworkers, book an ice cream truck with refreshing Italian ice on the menu. If you have kids at your party, you will want to book an ice cream food truck that serves up mouthwatering sundaes or banana splits with sweet cherries on top. Ice cream sandwiches are another great option—the perfect blend between chocolate chewiness and melted vanilla. Better yet, choose an ice cream truck that serves waffle cones to show your party guests that you don’t settle for anything less.
How can I book an ice cream truck for my party?
Booking an ice cream truck for your party is super easy. The NYFTA has a catalog of New York’s finest food trucks, serving up some of the most delectable cuisine in the whole city. All you have to do is fill out this quick event inquiry form by selecting “Event Catering” and then choose the truck you’re looking to book for your party. NYFTA makes it easy to find the ice cream trucks with a list of categories at the top of the catalog; simply select your desired ice cream truck and hit “Submit” to send your event inquiry to an NYFTA staff member, who will follow up with you on final booking.
How can I organize a party around an ice cream truck?
Now here comes the fun part. Organizing your party is the portion of the process in which you determine the theme or purpose, select the date and time, choose your decorations, invite all of your cherished guests, and decide on entertainment. There are a lot of elements that go into organizing a party, but with an easy, straightforward planning checklist on how to throw the perfect party, all that’s left is to ensure an ice cream food truck will be the center of attention.
Organizing a party around an ice cream truck requires putting a lot of thought into the details. When you plan to offer your guests delicious soft-serve, you will want to ensure that the rest of your party is keeping up with the theme. It’s important to consider:
- How many guests will you invite to your party? How many are actually planning to come?
- What is your budget for the ice cream truck, venue, food, drinks, entertainment, and decorations? If there are additional expenses, you should consider those when budgeting your party.
- Where will you host your party? When determining a venue, decide whether you will have the party inside or outside.
- What is the party theme or purpose? Are you hosting a legendary birthday party or a celebratory graduation party? Is this a costume party or a Halloween party? Determining the purpose or theme of your party will influence everything, from decorations to cuisine.
- Are you hosting an ice cream party? If so, that’s amazing. If you want to offer your guests additional food options, though, consider booking another food truck for stress-free catering.
Food trucks have a unique challenge when it comes to permits and licenses. Everything from food safety to where you can park is regulated at the federal, state, and county levels.
Fresh Trucks are retrofitted school buses with a new purpose: to bring fresh food to communities so households have access to healthy food.