The Touch-Free Way to Paid: Using PayPal QR Codes For Your Business
While they’ve been around for decades, QR codes have been reinvented with a new purpose – to help small businesses across a variety of industries accept touch-free payments while helping to keep you, your employees, and your customers safe.
From simple set-up to a simple transaction process, PayPal QR Codes will help you effortlessly and safely manage your business’ transactions.
But, how does it work? Well, it’s a lot easier than you might think. And, no special equipment is needed. Just a smartphone or tablet!
So, let’s take a look at how your business can get started today with PayPal QR Codes.
THE BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO QR CODES
“Quick Response” codes are a popular type of two-dimension barcode that encodes information and can be decoded by using a smartphone or tablet to reveal data that points to a particular website or application.
QR codes have come a long way since they were first designed in the early 90s for the Japanese auto industry. Nearly 30 years later, QR codes are used for inventory management, marketing and advertising, education, and (of course) mobile payments. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, health and safety has become a priority for businesses across the globe, and QR codes have become increasingly popular. Today, QR codes are commonly added to:
- Payment options for businesses looking to offer a touch-free experience to customers
- Table cards to direct customers to digital menus
- Product packaging, allowing consumers to get detailed product information
- Business cards, allowing people to save contact information
- Brand advertisements, allowing consumers to visit a website and/or register for an event
- Invitations, allowing guests to open a venue’s location on their smartphone’s “maps” application
QR codes are so easy to use, virtually anyone can create and use them for their personal or professional benefit. When it comes to your business, PayPal QR Codes is a touch-free payment solution that lets your customers scan your QR code with ease sending you quick payment safely, securely and at a distance.
GETTING STARTED WITH QR CODES
Propelling your business with QR codes is easier than you might think. Once you’ve set up your business account and downloaded the PayPal app, you can create your own QR code through the PayPal Business app (available in the Apple Store and Google Play) or PayPal’s website.
And… that’s it! Now you can share your unique QR code that’s free and never expires with your customers!
To receive payments, all your customers have to do is open the PayPal app and select the “Scan to Pay” option, scan your unique QR code, enter the amount due, and click “Send Now;” just like a traditional bank account, credit or debit card transaction. Once your customer is redirected to their confirmation screen, you’ll see the completed transaction in your PayPal app.
HOW TO GET YOUR QR CODE NOTICED
There are a variety of creative ways customers can interact with your PayPal QR Codes as you sell your products and services.
- If you have a physical location, showcasing a printable QR code and posting it in your store window will let customers know transactions are safe and easy.
- Make social distancing a priority with your QR code posted at your store’s checkout counter, allowing customers to pay without close contact to you and/or your employees.
- If your business offers curbside, drive-thru, and/or delivery service, attaching your QR code to packages/products for pickup makes transactions fast and efficient.
- Let your customers show their appreciation for you and your team by using your QR code in lieu of accepting cash for tips.
GET PAID AND STAY SAFE WITH PAYPAL QR CODES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
As businesses around the world look to new and innovative ways to keep their doors open, while keeping the health and safety of their employees and customers top-of-mind, PayPal QR Codes are the fast and easy way to handle transactions and accept touch-free payments in-person.
Whether your business is brick-and-mortar, online or both, you can get paid and have peace of mind. So, start scanning today!
SPONSORED BY PAYPAL
Food trucks have a unique challenge when it comes to permits and licenses. Everything from food safety to where you can park is regulated at the federal, state, and county levels.