Raise a Glass and Celebrate With Beer Catering at Your Party
Tap into something special for your wedding, party, or special event with food trucks that serve beer and satisfy hungry appetites and quench guests’ thirsts. With indoor dining and bars shuttered in many major cities across the U.S., we’re currently living in an age where going out for a good time or celebrating a special occasion in public isn’t in the cards. Food truck catering with beer brings the party directly to you! Serving gourmet delicacies and craft beers, you can give back to community-based businesses and impress your guests with high-quality cuisine and beverages that’ll make your event one to remember.
If you’re not sure how to get started, read on and get answers to the most frequently asked questions about food trucks with beer, so you can soon raise a glass and toast to a party that’s a smash hit with your guests.
1. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE A FOOD TRUCK WITH BEER AT MY EVENT?
Understandably the most important question to ask, the simplest answer is that pricing varies depending on the type of event you’re hosting and where. And that’s a good thing. Pricing should mirror the uniqueness of an event and the market it’s hosted in. When you consider your vision, a more accurate picture of how much it’ll cost will become clearer:
- Do you want beers on tap? Ciders? Wines? Custom cocktails? A mix of everything? Your menu is the main factor that will determine how much you’ll pay.
- How far will your food truck with beer have to travel? And how long is your party? While most vendors include a base rental rate, extended travel and service times will raise the cost.
- Is your party an intimate affair? Or is it the party of the year? Depending on your vendor, a higher guest count may translate into discounts and savings.
- Most vendors will provide bartenders for your event, but to cut costs some will offer options sans staff. But, beware. You’ll be held liable for any damage to equipment.
- Depending on the state your party is taking place, laws and regulations may prevent your vendor from supplying alcohol. If so, make sure you include in your budget beers, wines, and spirits needed for your party.
2. HOW MUCH BEER WILL I NEED TO ACCOMMODATE MY GUESTS?
Just like with cost, it depends on the size and scale of your party. Let’s say you’d like a food truck with beer to cater your wedding. The last thing you want is to have your reception run dry, leaving guests thirsty and looking to continue the festivities elsewhere.
Think about timing along with the guest count. The first hour of your wedding reception will be spent with guests hanging around the bar, guests will also drink while eating, and when you open up the dance floor. The Knot offers a handy rule of thumb. As a starting point, guests will have one beer or cocktail per person per hour or about five drinks throughout your wedding.
Keep in mind the devil in the details as well. Will you have to provide glassware? Make sure you plan these seemingly minor, yet important details.
3. WHAT KIND OF BARS ARE AVAILABLE FOR MY PARTY? ARE THEY ALL THE SAME?
Generally, three types of bars make up the bulk of parties and events serving alcohol: open bars, limited bars, and cash bars. To determine the one that’s right for you, think about your preferences and those of your guests:
- Open bars are the most accommodating – serving drinks at no cost – but the most expensive option. Everyone can order what they want, but you’ll be picking up the tab when the party’s over.
- Limited bars offer a pre-selected choice of beers (and perhaps wine and spirits) and set specific times to drink. This is where having a staff is advantageous, as they can be designated to serve drinks at the appropriate times.
- Cash bars are budget-friendly but only offer this option if your party is casual or informal. It’s not like you invite people to dinner and then charge them to eat. It’s an option to consider, but there are certainly other ways you can cut costs and keep your guests happy.
4. FOOD TRUCKS WITH BEER SEEM SELF-SUFFICIENT. IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO PROVIDE THEM?
While food trucks with beer can be set-up almost anywhere and are largely self-operating, they still need space. Vendors like New York’s Bubbles & Brews offer compact vintage vans and mini-trucks that can be pulled up under large tents or can fit through standard 6’0” double doors for indoor events.
Equipment for draft beer requires a power source, so your location must have a steady supply. It’s not like you want to have the power knocked out, leaving your guests in the dark. Vendors may provide their own generators, but keep in mind that may increase what you spend.
5. CAN FOOD TRUCKS WITH BEER PARK ANYWHERE?
The short answer is ‘no.’ If your venue doesn’t have the necessary ATC permitting required, you’ll need to choose a vendor that does. Aside from cost, permits and licensing are the most critical elements needed to ensure your party’s success.
It’s also important to make sure your vendor can serve alcohol on public property, as some vendors may only be allowed to serve alcohol on private property. When doing your research, you can also ask a potential vendor if they can provide you with copies of their liability insurance. The most reputable ones should have no problem doing so.
HOST A PARTY IN STYLE BY BOOKING A FOOD TRUCK WITH BEER CATERING
Eclectic and unique, food truck catering with beer is more than just a novel way to feed your guests. These eye-catching vehicles will be the centerpiece of your party. Why not take Bubble Bros’ sporty Bubble Bike, the world’s first motorbike and sidecar bar, out for a test drive?
The bottom line is that whether big or small, whether your wedding day or a small soiree with your closest friends, it’s easy to add a special touch to your event. From finding the best vendors serving the finest ales, pilsners, lagers, IPAs, and more to working with the right agency that will help you every step of the way, you can rest assured that your party will be the toast of the town!
If you’re planning a morning meeting, take it outside with a coffee food truck to perk up your team. We’re here to break down how you can rent a coffee food truck and answer all those brewing questions you have.
There are plenty of companies, vendors, and mobile kitchens serving great catering foods that will take care of your culinary needs.